The Charlotte Wood Charger Fund is a volunteer-run, non-profit (501c3) affiliate of the San Ramon Valley Education Fund, dedicated to enhancing the quality of education at CWMS.
The Charger Fund supports two primary areas, CLASS SIZE REDUCTION and TECHNOLOGY
Class Size Reduction
This past year, Charger Fund donations of $231,000 funded 15 additional classes.
This reduced class size by an average of 5 students, from 34 students to 29 students per class in:
- All 6th and 7th Grade Core classes
- All 8th Grade English and History classes
- All Math classes
- All Science classes
Smaller class sizes allow for fewer distractions and more individualized, hands-on and creative learning.
There is NO state funding for school technology. Parent donations provide current technology to support today’s learning environments.
This past year, technology purchases of $55,000 included:
- 36 Chromebooks with a mobile cart for school-wide use
- Video Technology Equipment
- Computer Accessories for SBAC Testing
- Training, support, maintenance and a Teacher responsible for existing technology